Since the topple of Saddam Hussein’s regime in Iraq we are seeing that country move toward a western style democracy. There have been some stumbles but with the implementation of just five little things the US/UK coalition will help the Iraqi’s become a world class democracy:
- The first thing that the US military to see that a Democracy is ensured is doing is making sure the airwaves are sending out the proper messages to the people of Iraq. Control of the airwaves is essential for this.
- There is also a need to stop the violence in the streets and make sure that all Iraqis are safe by controlling who has firearms.
- Housing must be found for our soldiers who are keeping the peace in Iraq until an Iraqi democracy is formed.
- Of course it goes without saying that we must have full cooperation in our search for and seizure of weapons of mass destruction and we must not be restrained from searching anywhere for evidence that could lead us to those items that we seek.
- Iraq’s oil revenues must be confiscated by the US/UK forces for the time being to pay for the rebuilding of the infrasturcture of Iraq and to see that the money is used for the good of the Iraqi people.
I suppose we could come up with five more but this is a good start toward a democracy.